Oaks Presbyterian Church was established in 1948 in the
Oak Forest community of Houston, Texas. Through the years,
Oaks has continued its feel as a “neighborhood church.”
Most members live in the Oak Forest area, and many grew up
in this church and attended local schools.
For almost 70 years we have served our neighborhood and
beyond in many ways.
- The kindergarten and first grade classes from Oak Forest
Elementary held classes at our church until Stevens
Elementary was completed.
- The Women's Circle of our church participated in many
service projects for those in need.
- We opened one of the first Mother’s Day Out programs in
the area in the early 1980's.
- Members of the church participated in student mentoring
programs at Black Middle school.
- The church sponsored one of the first recycling efforts
in the city by providing bins for recyclables and was
instrumental in urging the City of Houston to provide
residences with curbside recycling bins.
- We have served as a distribution hub for Meals on Wheels
to help bring meals to those in need in our community.
- We have served as the meeting place for community groups
and assistance organizations including Alcoholics
Anonymous, Leisure Learning Unlimited, Harris Count
Precinct 4 outreach groups, start-up Christian churches
- Oaks Presbyterian Church was one of ten community
churches who helped establish MANNA, and we continue to
provide assistance program funding and volunteers for its
- Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts have met at our church for
more than 65 years.
Our members love Christmas caroling to neighbors,
collecting for community food drives, making care boxes for
the sailors at the Port of Houston Seafarer's Center,
serving in other mission projects and taking care of each
other. Giving back is just what we do.
Come and be a part of our caring church family!
Oaks Presbyterian Church is a member of the Presbytery of New
Covenant and the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.)